Information collection and use
What Information do you collect about me?
When you interact with our Site, Software, and/or Services, we collect Information that, alone or in combination with other data, could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). Some of the Information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”).
When you sign up for or use our Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including:
- Your username, email address, and contact and language preferences.
- Your payment information, if you are a paying customer. This is required to complete a commercial transaction on the Site. We use this information to enable and fulfil your transaction.
- User Content. This consists of all text, documents, or other content or information uploaded, entered, or otherwise transmitted by you in connection with your use of the Services and/or Software.
Certain data about the devices you use to connect with us and your use of the Site, Software, and/or Services are automatically logged in our systems, including:
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol [IP] address or similar identifier) when interacting with our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Site, Software, and/or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the IP address, browser type and settings, the date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Usage information. This is information about our Site, Software, and/or Services you use and how you use them. We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyse how users use our Site, Software, and/or Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site.
- Device information. These are data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), as well as unique device identifiers for devices that are using our Software.
How do you use my Information?
We use, process, and store your Information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- to help us administer our Site, Software, and/or Services, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalised user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, and usability of our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- to communicate with you about your use of our Site, Software, and/or Services, product announcements, and software updates, as well as respond to your requests for assistance, including providing account verification support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account.
- to send you direct marketing emails and special offers about our products and services from which you can unsubscribe at any time. If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), we will only send you marketing information if you consent to us doing so at the time you create your account or any point thereafter.
- to display User Content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our Services.
Do you review User Content?
As a rule, our employees do not monitor or view your User Content stored in or transferred through our Site, Software, and/or Services, but it may be viewed if we believe the Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so to respond to your requests for user support, if we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in the Terms of Service, or to improve our algorithms as described in the User Content section of our Terms of Service. Finally, your Information may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of this site and its users, or to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders, or other legal processes.
Information access and disclosure
Do you share my Information?
We only disclose Personal Data to third parties when:
- We use service providers who assist us in meeting business operations needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
- We have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
- We believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service, to enforce those Terms of Service, or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- We determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is required by law to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of users of our Site, Software, and/or Services, or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including national security or law enforcement requests.
We may disclose Non-Personal Data publicly and to third parties – for example, in public reports about word usage, to partners under agreement with us, or as part of progress reports we may provide to users.
Do you sell or rent my Personal Data?
No, we do not sell or rent your Personal Data.
How do third-party apps and plugins work?
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your Information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Site and/or Software, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Site, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
Will you send me emails?
From time to time, we may want to contact you with information about product announcements, software updates, and special offers. We also may want to contact you with information about products and services from our business. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within our emails and changing your contact preferences. All account holders will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
For European Economic Area (EEA) users: As of 25th May 2018 in line with new GDPR regulation we only send marketing communications to users located in the European union with their prior consent.
Do you ever make any of my Personal Data or User Content public?
No, we do not share Personal Data or User Content except in the limited circumstances described previously.
Data storage, transfer, retention, and deletion
Where is my Information stored?
Information submitted to us will be transferred to, processed, and stored on our secure servers. When you use the Software on your computing device, User Content you save will be stored locally on that device and synced with our servers. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site, Software, and/or Services, you are agreeing to such Information, including Personal Data and User Content, being hosted and accessed on our servers.
How secure is my Information?
We are committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our software installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site, Software, and Services.
If we learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site.
How can I delete my Personal Data?
You can remove your Personal Data from our sites at any time by contacting us and requesting your account to be deleted. Once removed the same login details cannot be used to open another account.
How long is Personal Data retained?
You can remove your Personal Data from our sites at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
What happens if you close my account?
If we close your account due to your violation of the Terms of Service, then you may contact us to request deletion of your data. We will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
For European Economic Area (EEA) users
We use, process, and store Personal Data, as necessary to perform our contract with you, and based on our legitimate interests in order to provide these Services. As part of GDPR which came into effect on 25th May 2018 we rely on your consent to process Personal Data to send promotional emails and to place cookies on your devices. In some cases, we may process Personal Data pursuant to legal obligation or to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
What rights do I have, and how can I exercise them?
Individuals located in the European Economic Area (EEA) have certain rights in respect to their personal information, including the right to access, correct, or delete Personal Data we process through your use of the Site, Software, and/or Services. If you’re a user based in the EEA, you can:
- Request a Personal Data report his report will include the Personal Data we have about you, provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and portable format. You must be signed into your account to submit this request. Please note that we may request additional information from you to verify your identity before we disclose any information.
- Have your Personal Data corrected or deleted. Some Personal Data can be updated by you: You can update your name address and email address, as well as through your account settings.
- Object to us processing your Personal Data. You can ask us to stop using your Personal Data, including when we use your Personal Data to send you marketing emails. We only send marketing communications to users located in the EEA with your prior consent, and you may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within our promotional emails and changing your contact preferences. Please note you will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from marketing emails.
As we evolve, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Site, Software, and Services, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. We will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy. We will notify you of any material changes that impact your rights under this Policy by email (to your most recently provided email address) or post any other revisions to this Policy, along with their effective date, in an easy-to-find area of the Site, so we recommend that you periodically check back here to stay informed of any changes. Please note that your continued use of our products and services after any change means that you agree with, and consent to be bound by, the new Policy. If you disagree with any changes in this Policy and do not wish your information to be subject to it, you will need to delete your account.
The Data Controller
Eight Days a Week Print Solutions,
Unit 1 Glaisdale Point,